Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Tutorial #1

Aloha!

After a good tutorial with James yesterday, I have been thinking a lot more about the content of the film. There's going to be some action taken - so here's a head's up;


Aesthetically - we're going to aim for a slightly-less cartoony feel (not too much away though) by moving towards how we can make it look more like a documentary - ie; some pictures and other graphics manipulated. These will be purely tests for now - but I have a great idea which if it works could bridge the gap between photography, graphic design and the 1950's look I'm going for. Expect imagery by the end of the week.

We're also going to aim for more content - a flurry of new designs, new characters and new jokes which I can then reduce down later. The animatic may seem a little schizo - but that's ok. Again, I will cut it down, but allow myself the open freedom right now.

Also - Cartoon Modern arrived yesterday and is a gem of a book. I'll be scanning some bits and offering thoughts soon.

Gotta catch the bus - keep smiling!
~breadmaker

No comments: