Thursday, October 12, 2006

Simply The Test

Aloha!

Well, Pre-Production is nicely working out - I've found it very hard in the past to design good characters and colour charts but they seem to be coming together (but you can be the judge of that!) So - the other day I did some Texture Tests in Photoshop to see how to make the Burnt Toast character - the elements used are written underneath so let me know which ones you like best!



I also took a look at designing the Daredevil Character, of which here are a few of my favourites. There was a cool rough sketch of him wearing an Evil-Kenevil style cape...but I thought it was a wee bit superfluous!




More rough sketches will come as soon as I scan them. I've been doing some cool picture research and have been studying my local bakeries for some cool bread! :)
I also ordered the new Cartoon Modern book - which James recommended - but also check out the
blog until then! It's ace!

Please comment!
PS: If you take all the 'evil' out of 'Evil Kenevil' you are only left with 'Ken'. And "Ken the Stuntman" just doesn't have the same ring to it...!

2 comments:

Matt Tempest said...

sounds interesting. I like the daredevil with no line around and orange mask. if its a documentary make sure you show the script to as many people as possible to hone it down to the best it can be, show it to everyone. Think scan some toast like luke said and use that as a texture on the toast. Then eat it, mmmmm toast.

mike said...

toast is good :)