Thursday, March 01, 2007

Bad day

Ray Charles would've had a hard time performing without his backing singers.
And Jeremy Clarkson would have a hard time presenting Top Gear without a car.


These two, seemingly unrelated facts collide with the next installment in the humorous but tragic tale of making Bread.

Yesterday, Helen and I took a trip to IKEA in Cardiff so I could sneakily take pictures using my camera phone of the kitchen displays, so I could modify them to be my backgrounds. However, the car decided to smoke from the bonnet upon entering the car park and we dashed out before it exploded.

Thankfully, it didn't actually explode. But we were out anyway.
We got lunch, tried to take the pictures and they weren't going so well. As I'd feared, price stickers were everywhere blocking all the good shots and there was actually a few staff on the floor this time (a rare find in Ikea) so I was unable to take any decent pictures that would be useable. I suppose as well it could've been hard to get copyright for images I'd taken against company policy.


We spent most of our day in the car park, dejected, before then towing back by rope later that night. Towing isn't fun. At all.
The car isn't a write-off, thankfully, but will cost a wee bit to get it fixed!

And so, I will now have to spend next week touring some freinds' kitchens to get the backgrounds I need...but I also feel that then they will be a better quality for the prints I will have to supply the university with.


All in all, things are going to be better....I just wish it didn't take a dreadful day to work that out.

Back to the drawing board, finalisng my dissertation and sending out showreels to pass the time...none will be wasted.

~breadmaker

No comments: