Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Progress Report

Aloha!

This weeks activites have been nicely on schedule, despite the snow and travelling home for the weekend. I managed to get more than my 'one test done' by also completing the first of the "Mischievous Toast" sequences as well.

Today, I completed the "Barry being sliced" sequence. In animation, why does it take an entire morning just to slice a peice of bread? It's insane! Why is animation so long and complicated??? Anyway, after some initial worries about how to keep the slices consistent against the back of the loaf and falling flat dsespite my poor photography - I managed to get it looking really good.

Premiere pro is also becoming just a place where I am merely inputing the final sequences and rendering pencil tests - as After Effects is the most effective and fluent software for actually compiling all the stuff I need to. Go figure.

Still, I now have 27 seconds in total of near-complete animation - now I need to work on backgrounds and also have at least 5 sequences done by the end of this week.

Can I build it? I think so....

~breadmaker.

1 comment:

Matt Tempest said...

looking nice. I was worriedly wondering what it would look like if it was all hand drawn, only because it's bread and a tough one to render, now i feel seeing the animated photos that they really add a lot to it. I would like to see what the backgrounds are gonna look like. Treated photos or collage? Amusing story too. Nice. will check back.