Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Mesh Warp Tests

Aloha!
OK - so this week has only had 3 working days for me, as I am going home for my mum's birthday tomorrow (snow permitting) and so have been trying to complete my first test for making the bread pictures move.

I found a 2D Warp effect in Photoshop - this was good, but had to be executed frame-by-frame.

I then considered using after effects, to see if it had the same effect, but could be manipulated smoother using key-frames. Thankfully, this was the case and the work screen looks a little like this:


The grid that is supermimposed over the photograph is what I control to formulate the moves, layered over the pencil test to track the movement. I then put the eyes/mouth on another layer above the final image.

This has been hit and miss so far, and the test above represents the third attempt at getting the keyframes correct. It is tricky to do, and takes about 15 minutes to render each attempt, but it does look kinda cool....any thoughts???

Video processing on YouTube now...

~breadmaker


.

1 comment:

Andrew said...

I agree; I think it looks cool.

If successful do you think this will bring in any dough*
hehehehe :o)


(*dough here is referring to money of course but the humour occurs because the film is about bread therefore creating a pun. Very funny :o)