Monday, February 05, 2007

Photo Day

“No, that’s not a Ruth…”

It’s been a peculiar morning – since today is the day I start photographing the textures and real-life elements for the production of Bread. I searched the shelves of Sainsbury’s to find some real life bread to use, looking at shapes, colours, textures and trying to make them fit to what I have drawn.

I imagine I looked quite stupid, or student, picking up loaf after loaf and shaking my head, muttering words like “It’s just not quite the right shape...” or “Barry wouldn’t have seeds on top of him.” Calling Bread by names in public doesn’t go down well. I would avoid it if you can.

Still, after Sainsbury’s (and discovering that 90% of bread is pre-sliced, to my annoyance, as this renders it almost useless in my film) I stopped by my local, Wren’s Bakery, and the nice lady waited patiently as I leaned over the counter choosing loaves very particularly, pointing my fingers and guiding her grasp to acquire (and then wrap specifically) the bread of my choice. I did however inform her I would be photographing them, so she understood I wasn’t a nutter.

So, the film is shaping up nicely – all pencil testing completed and photography will be rendered and edited in Photoshop over the next few weeks for characters, backgrounds and then final animation production. I’m still not sure exactly how this is all going to work – but I have plenty of time to do it so I am optimistic!

~breadmaker


.

No comments: